Helps create excellent ministry environments by serving as the go-to person for team members working the evening shift. Also functions as a hands-on member of the team and performs all tasks associated with the department. This person reports to the Facility Services Manager.
Hourly position, 40 hours weekly. 3:00-11:00pm, with weekend services and other times as needed for events.
EXPERIENCE and ABILITIES
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience on the facilities team. Knowledge of general cleaning techniques and basic equipment (vacuum, mop, dry-mop, etc.)
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- License/Certification: N/A
- Specific Abilities: Proven leadership, initiative, prioritizing, problem-solving, team-work, dependability, and communication and people skills. Must be detail oriented and able to work independently but also work well with others. Able to stand for the duration of the shift and routinely lift up to 25 lbs.
WHAT THIS PERSON DOES
- Delegate assignments to team members for the evening shift and ensure all set-up orders are completed for both daily and special events.
- Check myWC for changes and special requests.
- Lead the team in prioritizing tasks and accomplishing them within deadline. Provide encouragement and communicate team goals.
- Ensure all cleaning and set-up is accomplished according to established standards.
- Respond to situations that arise and handle in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner.
- Communicate to the facilities manager any issues related to the evening staff.
- Train new evening shift staff in efficiency according to safety and cleanliness standards and provide ongoing training as needed.
- Responsible for closing building either personally or via delegation.
- Disinfect and clean bathrooms, fill paper towel, toilet paper and soap dispensers as needed.
- Maintain cleaning standards in all rooms, auditorium and common areas as assigned.
- Vacuum, dry/wet mop floors in assigned area to keep floors free of dirt and debris.
- Clean mirrors, glass, light fixtures, vents, furniture, etc in assigned areas.
- Collect trash throughout assigned area and dispose of properly. Wash trash containers as necessary to maintain them in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Perform spot removal and cleaning of carpet as assigned.
- Move and transport furniture and equipment as required to facilitate set-ups.
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment in a safe and sanitary condition. Keep housekeeping utility rooms in a clean, orderly manner.
- Carry a radio to facilitate communication and respond immediately.
- Perform other duties related to the work of the department as assigned or to meet needs.
Complete an application and submit a resume to