Hourly position, flexible hours Sunday through Thursdays. Includes some nights and weekends, and will average about 32 hours/week.
EXPERIENCE and ABILITIES
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Degree or equivalent work experience in the field of theatrical lighting design.
- Experience: Theatrical/Concert lighting experience required. Set design/construction experience required. Experience with console programming and operation, DMX (ART-NET,/Streaming ACN), and Vectorworks or CADD software. Basic audio and video knowledge/experience preferred. Comfortable running lifts and working in catwalk (not afraid of heights). License/Certification: Valid PA driver’s license.
- Specific Abilities: Ability to function independently. Good time management. Utilize good judgment and problem-solving skills; good technical and multitasking skills; a self-starter/self-motivator; is eager to learn and grow; is dependable, a quick learner, and is detailed; possesses good team-leadership and project management skills. Be able to lift heavier weight. A self-motivator who recognizes what’s needed and does what’s necessary to facilitate it. Possesses a genuine heart and interest in helping communicate God’s heart through lighting and stage design.
WHAT THIS PERSON DOES
- Receives direction from the Lighting/Stage Design Lead in the design process during the creation and implementation of aesthetically pleasing environments that align with the Worship Center
- Coordinates and implement multiple stage designs and set changes for various ministries throughout the year and prepare for needed changes from week to week
- Collaborates with the Production Director and Lighting/Stage Design Lead to develop and maintain the annual stage/lighting
- Recruits and trains qualified volunteers to provide coverage for running lights during services and special events as needed and prepare and implement a team schedule
- Serves as light board operator a minimum of two Sundays each month
- Ensures that all platform spaces and gear are clean and in order (sweeping, mopping, and painting regularly) and that all stage elements, props, furniture, etc. are on stage and in place for services
- Completes projects and perform other duties as assigned