Two part time positions. One is 24 hours per week, evenings and weekends, hours vary. Second position is 16 to 18 hour per week, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, plus Saturdays and Sundays. This is a fast paced department responsible for all room set-up, tear-down, and cleaning.
EXPERIENCE and ABILITIES
- Education: High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience: Knowledge of general cleaning techniques and basic equipment.
- Specific Abilities: Personable, detail and service oriented and self-motivated. Ability to read and carry out written and oral instructions and perform basic math functions. Able to work well under pressure and time constraints.
WHAT THIS PERSON DOES
- Vacuum, mop, dust, clean bathrooms, and collect trash throughout the building.
- Wash and polish as needed: windows, doors, baseboards, door frames, light switches, handrails, water fountains, doorknobs, and other areas as designated.
- Room Set Up & Tear Down: Responsible for setting up tables, chairs and other equipment required in advance of meetings; and clean-up and tear down following meetings and events.
- Climate Control: Will be responsible for appropriate climate control for all church services, meetings and events in order to ensure comfort of guests
- Interior & Exterior Lighting: Ensure appropriate lights are turned on for services and meetings and turned off at the conclusion of church services or events. This includes all common areas.
- Stock and maintain cleaning supplies throughout the buildings.
- Attend regular staff meetings and additional meetings when requested.
- Cooperate with the events supervisors and the facilities manager and assistant manager by performing any other duties when asked to do so.
- This is a fast-paced, high-energy position. Must be able to be on feet for entire shift. A typical shift can involve walking approximately 5 miles.
- Must be able to carry 30lbs or more.
- Must be able to squat and lift 50lbs or more.
- Must be able to push or pull 50lbs or more.
- Must be able to transport tables, chairs and other furniture throughout the building in a timely manner.
- Must be able to bend over for long periods of times. Must be able to climb up and down ladders.
- Must be able to clean up bodily fluids (blood, urine, feces, vomit).
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail; good near and far vision is important.
- Must be able to perform repetitive movements without cramping or tiring.
- Must be able to work with commercial cleaning products.