Maintain a clean, organized atmosphere by performing specified housekeeping duties. Set-up and reset rooms. This person reports to the Facility Services Manager and the Assistant Manager during the Manager’s absence; evening team members report to the Evening Lead.
Part time, 24 hours weekly, evenings and weekends.
EXPERIENCE and ABILITIES
- Education: High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience: Knowledge of general cleaning techniques and basic equipment.
- License/Certification: Industry certifications preferred.
- Specific Abilities: Personable, detail and service oriented and self-motivated. Ability to read and carry out written and oral instructions and perform basic math functions. Able to work well under pressure and time constraints.
WHAT THIS PERSON DOES
- Vacuum, mop, dust, clean bathrooms, and collect trash throughout the building.
- Wash and polish as needed: windows, doors, baseboards, door frames, light switches, hand rails, water fountains, door knobs, and other areas as designated.
- Room Set Up and Tear Down: Responsible for setting up tables, chairs and other equipment required in advance of meetings; and clean-up and tear down following meetings and events.
- Climate Control: Will be responsible for appropriate climate control for all church services, meetings and events in order to ensure comfort of guests.
- Interior and Exterior Lighting: Ensure appropriate lights are turned on for services and meetings and turned off at the conclusion of church services or events. This includes all common areas.
- Stock and maintain cleaning supplies throughout the buildings.
- Attend regular staff meetings and additional meetings when requested.
- Cooperate with the events supervisors and the facilities manager and assistant manager by performing any other duties when asked to do so.
- Must be able to be on feet for entire shift. A typical shift can involve walking approximately 5 miles.
- Must be able to carry 30lbs or more.
- Must be able to squat and lift 50lbs or more.
- Must be able to push or pull 50lbs or more.
- Must be able to transport tables, chairs and other furniture throughout the building in a timely manner.
- Must be able to bend over for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb up and down ladders.
- Must be able to clean up bodily fluids (blood, urine, feces, vomit).
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail; good near and far vision is important.
- Must be able to perform repetitive movements without cramping or tiring.
- Must be able to work with commercial cleaning products.