This person will provide experienced leadership and oversight to the team of staff and 100’s of volunteers who minister to kids from birth through kindergarten. We are looking for someone who is passionate about following Jesus, loving kids, building teams and connecting with parents. This person will initially report to the Lead Pastor.
Fulltime salaried position. Schedule includes Sunday morning, Monday night, and special services as scheduled; and office hours Monday through Thursday.
EXPERIENCE and ABILITIES
- Education: Degree in Children’s Ministry or early childhood education is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of two years leading in children’s ministry in a large church setting.
- License/Certification: Maintain pastoral licensing through Worship Center Ministers Network.
- Specific Abilities: Strong relational leadership ability including volunteer recruiting, team-building, leadership development, problem solving, communication and vision-casting. Comfortable handling child related issues and communicating possible concerns to parents. Highly self-motivated to grow personally. Shepherd’s heart to serve and lead a team.
WHAT THIS PERSON DOES
- Create a fun, safe, secure and welcoming experience for parents and kids, recognizing this role often provides the introduction to kids and student ministry for families.
- Be an engaging presence during weekend services by providing leadership, care, and support to the staff, volunteers, children and parents.
- Oversee all programming and curriculum use for birth through kindergarten.
- Ensure there are great strategies in place to recruit, orient, train and develop volunteers and leaders.
- Nurture a healthy team culture for staff and volunteers.
- Lead regular meetings with the coordinators for connection, care, celebration and growth.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Develop regular feedback loops for evaluation and improvement, paying special attention to the “customer” experience of the parents and the “serving” experience for volunteers.
- Pursue relationship building with parents of children. Become a stable, supportive presence to them and a resource for issues as they arise. Provide care through hospital and home visitation as needed.
- Speak into the updating of the building environments for WC Kids area.
- Work closely with the WC Kids Elementary Pastor and Student Ministry team to ensure shared values, curriculum coordination, and smooth transitions for kids and families.
- Provide oversight to the WC Kids Early Childhood budget.
- Serve as team leader for the Early Childhood admin assistant, providing direction, feedback and encouragement through personal interactions and regular one-on-one meetings.
- Fulfill the pastor on call and emergency line duties as assigned and attend pastoral care meetings.