The path to victory is paved for us. We can see it, because we rest in who God is and his promises to us. Though we're in the middle of the battle, we know the war has already been won. Spend this week thinking about what victory means for Christ followers and follow along with these daily devotionals.
Click the button below for a printable version of this devotional.
Read Hebrews 11.
Take notice of the words "see" or "saw."
- Choose one verse that has the words "see" or "saw" and journal your thoughts.
- Which of the characters listed in this chapter has a story similar to yours?
Hebrews 11:1 (NLT) says, "Faith shows the reality of what we hope for: it is the evidence of things we cannot see." What is something you cannot currently see, but feel challenged to hope for?
- Meditate on Hebrews 11:3 for a moment. Ask God to reveal to you the power of his words.
- This week I will intentionally frame my focus on faith by ________________________________________.
Prayer: "God, I love how you want to use this season to help each of us grow in our faith personally and also for us to believe together with the Church all around the world!"
"I would have been without hope if I had not believed that I would see the loving-kindness of the Lord in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13
- What does believing in the Lord's loving-kindness look like for you today?
"Even though you are bad, you know how to give good gifts to your children. How much more your heavenly Father will give good things to those who ask him!" Matthew 7:11
- What good gifts does the heavenly Father give you?
"Then Jesus placed his hands on the man's eyes again, and his eyes were opened. His sight was completely restored, and he could see everything clearly." Mark 8:25
- If you were to ask Jesus to place his hands on your eyes and help you to see clearly, what would he reframe for you?
"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth, you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." John 16:33
- What does this verse mean for you this week?
"Then this city will bring me joy, glory, and honor before all the nations of the earth! The people of the world will see all the good I do for my people, and they will tremble with awe at the peace and prosperity I provide for them." Jeremiah 33:9
- What does this verse show you about God's heart?
Pastor Matt said, "The fight of faith is to frame what we see by what God has said."
- What do you need to frame differently today?
"No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us." Romans 8:37
- Review this week. What is a recurring theme in your heart?