The path to victory is paved for us. We can see it, because we rest in who God is and his promises to us. Though we're in the middle of the battle, we know the war has already been won. Spend this week thinking about what victory means for Christ followers and follow along with these daily devotionals.
Click the button below for a printable version of this devotional.
Read Matthew 16:13-23
Meditate on verse 16.
Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." Matthew 16:13
- What were some of the other options of who people said Jesus was that Peter chose from?
- What was the significance of Jesus asking Peter the question rather than telling them all who he was?
- In Matthew 16:17, Jesus says that Peter knew to declare that answer because his Father revealed it to him and that he didn't learn it from any human being. What is one answer you would like the Father to reveal to you at this time?
- This week I will intentionally listen for what the Father is revealing to me by ________________________________________.
Prayer: "God, I love how you want to meet each of us internally in the midst of all that is happening around us. I'm ready for, and I welcome your presence and revelation."
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me." Matthew 16:24
- What is one way you can be a Jesus follower this week?
"But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." Luke 22:32
- What is Jesus praying for you today?
"Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life." John 12:24-25
- What are the planted seeds producing in your life right now? What will they become in the future?
"The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm." Exodus 14:14
- What does this verse mean for you this week?
"See, God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid. The Lord God is my strength and my song; he has given me victory." Isaiah 12:2
- What are some songs that have given you strength this week?
Pastor Matt said, "The seed without the shell is more valuable yet more vulnerable."
- As we are all sifted in this season, how do you see yourself more valuable and more vulnerable?
"No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us." Romans 8:37
- Review this week. What is a recurring theme in your heart?